SEPAC’s (Elmira, NY) Spring Engaged Brakes (SEB) now showcase the range of options the company makes available to OEMs. The SEB series is spring engaged and electromagnetically released for use dry or in oil depending on the friction material used. Features include:
- Robust friction materials available with higher torque density for both static and dynamic engagement.
- Multiple disc configurations available when higher torque is needed in a smaller package.
- Custom coatings, enclosures and materials.
- Applicability in water, oil, salt spray, high pressure, low/high temperature and even a vacuum environment.
- Custom voltages, as well as fully potted coils (standard or vacuum potted), dual coils and step down power designs.
- Integrated drive hubs and specialty enclosures with sensors or manual release.
- Static torque from a few oz-in to 5000+ lb-ft.
- A max speed of 20,000 RPM.
- A magnet body diameter of <1” to 20+”.
- Full motor/brake actuator assemblies available.
For more information, visit www.sepac.com; call 800-331-3207.