Hamilton Caster (Hamilton, OH) has announced a new comprehensive offering of casters and wheels designed for Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs) and other continuous-duty applications. The series features Hamilton’s forged steel caster construction and HPI swivel technology, which was developed years ago in response to an AGV application and outperforms conventional CNC-machined ball raceways, kingpinless and unit load bearing swivel constructions. Hamilton engineers hand-picked two of the polyurethane treads — DuraGlide-AGV and Ergo-Glide-XT-AGV — for their easy rolling, quiet operation and overall stellar durability. Other features include:
- A DuraGlide formula that runs much cooler than most polyurethanes, resulting in an excellent wheel for continuous duty applications.
- Added durability, since the wheel cores of the 3”, 4” and 5” wide wheels were upgraded from cast iron to forged steel. The forged steel cores feature larger hubs to accommodate larger size and number of precision ball bearings to significantly increase the bearing life.
- Press-fit top hat spanner bushings to eliminate axial play and reduce noise.
- More robust wheel axles.
- Load capacity range beginning at 800 lbs. per caster with a max load rating of 15,400 lbs. per caster.
- Wheel diameters ranging from 4” to 16”.
The new series is offered in both single wheel and dual wheel styles; select dual wheel models to gain stability and higher capacities.