The new stainless Model BHDL-SS from Liftomatic Material Handling (Buffalo Grove, IL) is an automatic and mechanical below-hook drum attachment which can lift 55-gallon (210 liter) drums using any hoist, crane or overhead position for placement to and from containment devices, pallets, scales or other step-to-step elevations. The company outlines the following benefits:
- This stainless-steel version is ideal for additional protection in clean room environments, food and beverage applications, caustic or spark resistant areas.
- Two BHDL models will allow operators to safely handle steel, plastic and fiber drums with diameters from 16-25 inches.
- The drum remains in a completely vertical position during lift, lower, and transport.
- Two radial arms conform to the drum body and engage at the underside of the drum chime.
- The connection ensures the drum integrity during the lift and transport process.
- A spring-enhanced engagement system ensures the radial arms remain in the engaged position until the load is placed in the final resting position.