Nippon Pulse (Radford, VA) has introduced the company’s first box-level controller. The FMAX-4X-2SD is a box controller for up to four axes of movement, with built-in servo drivers for the X and Y axes. The X and Y axes can control rotary and linear brushless motors, and the Z and U axes can control other types of motors by connecting additional drivers. Additional features include:
- The ability to perform 2-4 axis linear interpolation and 2 axis circular interpolation.
- 13 types of homing, on-the-fly speed and positioning adjustments, absolute and incremental positioning, and S-curve and trapezoidal motion profiles.
- Suitability for controlling applications that involve linear stages and robotics, including microscopes, scanners and other high-performance applications.
- The ability to be built into a fully functioning two-axis system with just a power supply, motor and cable.
- Functionality as a standalone unit, with a USB connection to a PC, or with a joystick for jog applications.
For more information visit http://www.nipponpulse.com/support/manuals/; or call 540-633-1677.