Combining motor control, energy efficiency and reliability in a compact design, the new PowerGate H Series “slimline” bypass controller from Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. (Vernon Hills, IL) provides a single, scalable, off–the–shelf fan and pump control solution for the HVAC market. PowerGate H Series HVAC controllers offer the simplicity and functionality of an HVAC bypass controller and the high performance and reliability of the Mitsubishi Electric FR-F800 variable frequency drive (VFD), with both manual and automatic bypass control. Software functions include embedded control algorithms to maximize energy usage, real time energy monitoring functions, broken belt detection and other preventive maintenance functions. In addition, motor load is intelligently monitored by the drive, and output voltage is adjusted to match, improving efficiency and reducing motor heat and mechanical noise. Key features of the PowerGate H include:
- A smaller overall footprint, allowing mounting in limited space environments.
- Popular interfaces, including standard disconnect switch and hand/auto selectors.
- Integrated BacNet/IP communications.
- Three-contactor bypass available in slimline and standard configurations (1 - 250 HP).
- Standard 575V model, 230V and 480V options available.