Retrofitting HID floodlights with new Areamaster Generation 2 LED floodlights from Appleton (Rosemont, IL) could save companies up to 75% on energy costs, according to the company, while virtually eliminating maintenance burdens and improving worker productivity by providing uniform, high quality light. Additional features include:
- A wider selection of beam patterns and color temperatures.
- Lumen outputs ranging from 9,000 to 38,000 lumens.
- The ability to retrofit existing HID floods from 250W to 1500W.
- The same slip fitters and pole brackets as older Appleton HID floodlights.
- A gasketed front wiring compartment.
- Up to 10kV surge suppression for installations in Category C high-risk areas.
- High-temp silicone gaskets that prevent water ingress and corrosion.
- A patented thermal design for cool operation.
- An operational "on" time exceeding 60,000 hours — 200,000 hours in optimal conditions.
- Replaceable LED drivers that can extend luminaire life even beyond 60,000 hours.
- An operating temperature range from -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to 149°F).
- Optional choice of either cooler 5000K or warmer 3000K color temperatures, as well as secondary optic options for NEMA 7x7, NEMA 7x6 (HID like) and NEMA 5x5 light distribution patterns
- Lumen outputs available for 120-277VAC or 347-480VAC.
- A copperfree aluminum diecast housing with architectural bronze polyester powder coat finish for corrosion resistance.
- Certified for Class I Division 2 and Class II hazardous locations.
- Rated for use in NEC/CEC installations.
For more information, visit www.appletonelec.com.