The UR robots from Universal Robots (Ann Arbor, MI) are designed to deliver all the advantages of advanced robotic automation with none of the traditional added costs associated with robot programming, set-up and dedicated, shielded work cells. The UR robots offer the following benefits:
- Unlike traditional industrial robots that stay hardwired in a cage, the lightweight UR robots can be moved around, automating high mix/low volume production runs.
- Innovative force-sensing technology makes the robot stop operating when encountering an employee, eliminating the need for safety guarding in most scenarios.
- The "out-of-box experience" with a collaborative UR robot is typically less than an hour. That’s the time it takes an untrained operator to unpack the robot, mount it, and program the first simple tasks.
- Programming is intuitive; users simply grab the robot arm to teach the desired movement, or use the touch screen.
- Product portfolio includes the UR3, UR5 and UR10 robot arms named after their payloads in kilos, they all feature 0.1 mm repeatability and span in reach from 19.7” in to 51.2”.