Engineers use computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations to speed development and optimize internal combustion engine design.
This webinar, now available on demand, provides an overview of the tools making this possible, including:
- Solution-adaptive mesh refinement to resolve dominant physics and combustion characteristics, with automatic mesh generation in ANSYS Forte.
- Concept to design: use of 0D and 1D models in ANSYS Chemkin-Pro that complement CFD.
- Co-simulation with GT-SUITE.
- Application of thermal and structural analyses of the engine block.
- Use of the command line interface for full scripting control and simulation component reuse.