Eaton (Raleigh, NC) offers their double-door, line-side isolation switch – the industry’s first compartmentalized, fusible safety switch. Features include:
- A two-door design with an internal barrier that isolates the fuse base from line-side power, enhancing the safety of work environments for equipment operators.
- The ability to observe the position of the movable blades within the switch base via a viewing window and visible blade components for seeing whether the circuit is open or closed.
- The doors cannot be opened when the switch is energized, as an interlocking mechanism keeps the door closed when the handle is in the ON position.
- Line isolation can be maintained from incoming line-side cables within the fuse compartment.
- A barriered wireway for bottom feed applications can be removed for top exit.
- Screw-down fasteners on the upper switch compartment add an extra layer of safety, while an optional lower viewing window provides visibility into fuses with blown fuse indicators.
- Can handle 30 to 1,200 amps and 240 to 600 VAC.