Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) is expanding its QX Series line with the introduction of the Ingersoll Rand QX Series 40V Cordless Torque Multiplier. The new multiplier pairs up to 2,950 foot-pounds (4,000 Newton-meters (Nm)) of torque with the technology of a transducerized tool. Now technicians working on infrastructure, power generation, industrial, and petrochemical jobs can have the best of both, power and precision, for the first time.
Like all QX Series tools, the QX Series 40V Cordless Torque Multiplier has a patented closed-loop transducer that provides precision control and records the torque, speed and angle for each bolt or fastener. Specifically:
- Operators can use the free Ingersoll Rand INSIGHT Connect app to program up to 256 fastening strategies and access data.
- The tool’s onboard log holds information, including timestamps, on up to 1,200 run downs.
- It can also be configured with Bluetooth connectivity to wirelessly transfer data to the INSIGHTqcx Controller or a mobile device through the app. That data can be analyzed, shared, or archived for later verification.
- The tool is powered by a 40-volt battery to deliver fast high-gang-count fastening. Running at up to 83 revolutions per minute (RPM), it’s twice as fast as the 20-volt multiplier.
- With a brushless motor and premium gearbox, the tool meets the highest quality and reliability standards.