The HEX RC from Aerotech (Pittsburgh, PA) is a 6-axis motion controller suited for controlling robotic systems like hexapods. The HEX RC is 4U rack-mountable and compatible with the Automation 3200 (A3200) motion platform. Additional features include:
- A processor that provides the computing power needed to run up to 32 axes, perform complex, synchronized motion trajectories, manipulate I/O, and collect data at high speeds.
- 6-axes of drives capable of controlling any combination of brush, brushless, or stepper motors.
- The ability to digitally perform both current loop and servo loop closures.
- The ability to connect and control up to 26 additional axes of servo, stepper, or piezo-driven stages using the A3200 distributed control architecture.
- An ASCII command interface over TCP/IP for control in applications, such as beamlines.
- The ability to act as a master controller to control other A3200 external drives with the FireWire interface.
- Acceptance of amplified-sine or digital encoders.
- Optional integrated encoder multipliers, up to X4096, for hgh-resolution positioning.
- An optional 6-axis jog pendant permits manual control of the positioning system.
- An emergency stop option with redundant safety relays can be added.
- Program native RS-274 G-code, AeroBasic command set, C, C++/CLI, .NET, MATLAB, or LabVIEW for programming flexibility.
For more information, visit https://www.aerotech.com/product-catalog/drives-and-drive-racks/hex-rc.aspx.