LM76 (E. Longmeadow, MA) has developed a corrosion-resistant linear bearing. Designed for the harshest environments, Pegasus Series 1 Linear Ball Bearings feature Silicon Nitride (SiNi) Ceramic Balls in a shell with retainer and end caps that are made from 440 Stainless Steel and then coated with Armorloy. Additional features include:
- The Silicon Nitride balls are 40% lighter than steel, inert to chemicals, capable of higher speeds and higher loads, maintain a RC78 hardness and FDA compliance.
- Balls do not corrode or support electrolysis.
- Armoloy TDCTM (Thin Dense Chrome), which is a hard (78Rc), coating with a micro-nodular surface texture.
- The coating's nodular finish reduces the amount of surface area in contact with the SiNi balls reducing friction and extending life.
- Availability in both closed and open designs, and in 4 sizes (1.000", 1.250", 1.500" and 2.000").
- Dynamic load ratings of 1.000" 220 lbs, 1.250" 352 lbs, 1.500" 490 lbs, and 2.000" 858 lbs.
- Zero clearance on Class L linear shafting.
For more information, call 413-525-4166, or visit http://www.lm76.com.