Rockford Systems (Rockford, IL) announced the Rockford Systems Sensing-Saf-Start that, in the event of a power interruption, automatically disconnects power to the machine so that when power is restored, drills, mills, lathes, grinders, saws and other dangerous machinery will not restart.
Once the reset button has been safely pressed by the machine operator on the Sensing-Saf-Start, the machine can be restarted and normal operation resumed.
The Sensing-Saf-Start helps to:
- Bring older machines into alignment with current safety regulations and standards.
- Spare users the expense of purchasing a new machine.
- Replace old, frayed or ungrounded power cords.
The Sensing-Saf-Start can be installed on many different types of machines that are driven by small motors operating on 120V AC, and are connected to a power source by means of 14-gauge, 3-wire flexible cord.
The Rockford Systems Sensing-Saf-Start can be purchased:
- As a package (SAFS-200) that includes a 20" cord for the machine end and an 8' cord with molded plug on the power end.
- As an E-stop in a NEMA-4 polycarbonate enclosure.
- Individually (SAFS-100) without the E-Stop.
The Sensing-Saf-Start complies with OSHA requirements, the Canadian Electrical Code, and NFPA 79 and ANSI B11 series electrical standards.