Creform Corporation (Greer, SC) has designed and produced a picking cart with angled shelves ideal for component manufacturers and distributors. The cart implements a design that makes the best use of form, fit and function. The warehouse picking cart features three angled shelves on each side with positions for 18 boxes or totes, each in their own physically dedicated compartment. This design provides that each compartment can be used for a unique customer order or type of product. The angled positions of the shelves enhance ergonomics for an associate and is well suited for E-commerce order fulfillment. Specifically:
- The design of the cart allows for boxes or totes that can be filled through piece picking.
- The shelves are canted toward the outside of the cart for easy load/unload access and visibility, and to keep product towards the front of the totes and towards the outside of the cart.
- Each of the cart’s shelves can be repositioned or whole cart customized with only simple tools. Repairs, too, are easily made.
- The cart features six 6 in. diameter bolt-on casters with urethane wheels for easy, stable and safe rolling.
- A comfortable and ergonomic handle on one end enhances comfort. The C-shaped handle with cross bars also makes the cart easy to push.