Improved and intelligent blow-off functions, a split unit design, and a self-adhesion control feature are a few of the new added features from Piab’s (Hingham, MA) piCOMPACT23 vacuum generator platform. The range of proprietary and patented added features, which also includes IO-Link communication, has the potential to provide optimal vacuum generation for every application. Additional features include:
- A compact, all-in-one ejector platform that is stackable.
- Up to four units can share the same manifold and pneumatic connections, such as a common feed pressure and exhaust.
- The ability to use a split unit design and separate the ejector from the control unit.
- An integrated and patented valve on the Blow-off+ feature ensures more efficient blow-off.
- Blow-off can be used to float suction cups.
- Intelligent blow-off (IBO) feature that automatically switches off the blow-off when the vacuum is gone.
- Compatibility with the bi-stable (latching) on/off valves that can be used in systems prone to emergency stops or those handling expensive objects.
- Self-Adhesion Control (SAC), which recognizes and eliminates any vacuum created in suction cups when the ejector is not engaged.
For more information, visit www.piab.com.