ABB has introduced the IRB 910SC, its first line of SCARA (Selective Compliance Articulated Robot Arm) robots. The latest addition to the ABB small robot portfolio, the IRB 910SC features:
- A maximum payload of 6 kg.
- Available in reaches of 450, 550 and 650 mm.
- The single arm robot is able to operate in a confined space and is tabletop mountable.
- A variety of linking arm lengths allow users to specify the optimal reach required for a specific application.
- Target applications include small parts assembly, material handling, tray kitting, component placement, parts inspection, laboratory automation, prescription drug dispensing and other applications requiring rapid cycle times.