Industrial Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA) has introduced LENS Wireless. LENS Wireless technology, based on military ad-hoc mesh networking concepts, enables gas monitors to communicate with each other wirelessly with no need for IT setup, infrastructure, or a central controller. Industrial Scientific Ventis Pro Series Multi-Gas Monitors and Radius BZ1 Area Monitors are both available with LENS Wireless.
LENS Wireless groups are quick and easy to create, allowing for rapid deployment and use in a broad range of applications. Ventis Pro Series instruments enabled with LENS Wireless begin communicating seconds after tapping two or more instruments together. Radius BZ1 Area Monitors connect wirelessly out of the box with no need for setup or additional equipment. Additional features include:
- Simplicity of deployment and use, which helps workers in any industry respond faster, and with real time information, when hazardous conditions occur. Now, when a gas hazard, man-down or panic situation causes an instrument to alarm, all peers in the connected group will instantly be notified of the hazard and the person in danger.
- Viewing panic and man-down alarms from any Ventis Pro Series user in the group.
- Using any monitor to view gas readings from up to 24 peers in real time, without needing a separate central controller to relay the information.
- Receiving readings from up to 1.5 km (~ 1 mi) away with wireless signal hopping between instruments.
- Maintaining the integrity of the wireless group even if a single instrument unexpectedly drops off the network.
- Protecting data while safely and securely sharing gas alarms and readings over an AES-128 encrypted network.