Stratasys announced today the launch of its new GrabCAD Print Pro software, with integrated quality assurance functionality from Riven, a recent Stratasys acquisition. GrabCAD Print software manages the print preparation process for Stratasys 3D printers. The new Pro version is designed for manufacturers who need to efficiently produce end use parts and move to production-scale volumes. It is specifically designed to improve printed-part accuracy, reduce waste, and shorten time to part. The software is expected to be available beginning May 16 for customers using Stratasys printers based on SAF and FDM technologies.
GrabCAD Print Pro software includes all the features of GrabCAD Print standard. However, its advanced capabilities create greater opportunities for large-scale additive manufacturing with better system controls, reduced production time and enhanced workflows. Customers can achieve these benefits through unique features such as:
- Warp Additive Model (WAM) automatic warp correction to ensure part accuracy through 3D scanning and warp correction
- Ability to develop standardized manufacturing templates allowing customers to prepare builds quickly and error-free
- Improved per-part cost estimation, with a significant reduction in time estimating multi-customer trays
- Label generation, including unique coding, serialization and placement for SAF
- 3D Array to arrange parts on the Z axis, allowing stacking of parts, to reduce build times and increase throughput
- Integration with qualified best-in-class partner plug-ins
For the first time, GrabCAD Print Pro also features third-party partner plug-ins, with initial plug-in partners to include AlphaSTAR and Castor. AlphaSTAR provides toolpath-driven analysis and quality assessment of print parameters and toolpaths, as well as thermal process simulation to help improve design cycles and produce higher quality parts with less iteration. Castor’s decision-support software automatically analyzes thousands of parts at once to identify the best opportunities for additive manufacturing.
GrabCAD Print Pro is an annual per-user subscription licensed product and will include optional monthly updates with additional features. Multi-user discounts are available.