The new Ion Air Jet from EXAIR (Cincinnati, OH) removes static electricity, contaminants and dust from parts prior to shrink wrapping, packaging, printing, painting or finishing. According to the company, this engineered product has undergone independent laboratory tests to certify it meets the rigorous safety, health and environmental standards of the USA, European Union and Canada that are required to attain the CE and UL marks. It is also RoHS compliant. New design features include:
- A metal armored high voltage cable to protect against abrasion and cuts.
- A replaceable emitter point.
- Integrated ground connection.
- Electromagnetic shielding.
- A quiet and lightweight construction.
- A 5-foot flexible shielded power cable, designed for rugged use.
- A new selectable voltage power supply.
Applications include cleaning molded parts, pre-paint dust removal, furniture finishing and package cleaning prior to labeling, printing and assembly.