Larson Electronics (Kemp, TX) has announced the release of a weatherproof portable spider box that allows operators to plug in to 240 volt generators to operate 120 volt equipment. The WALSB-240.50A-6X120.20A-WP features a ten foot chemical and abrasion resistant cable terminated in an industrial male cord cap, which carries the 240 volt current to the box, and is then stepped down to 120 volts to operate equipment. This compact spider box features:
- Six duplex 120 volt outlets that provide a sealed and secure connection for up to twelve devices.
- A hinged watertight cover on each receptacle, protecting the face from rain, water, and moisture when not in use. The spider box has short circuit and overload protection, causing the unit to automatically shut down to protect it from damage if an overload occurs.
- A housing constructed from steel and powder coated with a glossy blue finish for corrosion resistance and aesthetics.
- A convenient carrying handle, located at the top of the unit, which also doubles for cable management when not in use.
- An ideal solution for powering 120 volt equipment on job sites where 240 volt generators supply the power.