Novotechnik, U.S. (Southborough, MA) announces the RFX 6900 Series of touchless rotary sensors. These magnetic sensors are designed for use in mobile, safety-related and extreme environment applications. Now with custom ranges available. Specifically:
- Housing of the RFX 6900 Series is anodized aluminum and sealed to IP 67 or IP 69K — depending on version.
- Conforms to ISO 13849 for safety related applications.
- MTTF is 46 to 92 years—depending on version/channels.
- RFX 6900 Series sensors have housing dimensions of: diameter is 69 mm and height is 20.4 mm.
- Electrical angular range is 0 to 360° with single and fully redundant versions.
- RFX 6900 Series has a maximum independent linearity of ≤ ±0.5 % of full scale. Measuring ranges include 0 to 60, 120, 180, 240, 300, 360 degrees and custom.
- Output options are 4 to 20 mA and CANopen. Resolution is 14-bit for the CANopen version. Repeatability is 0.2° for the analog version and ≤ 0.36° for the CANopen version.
- Operational speed is unlimited mechanically and update rate is 1 and 5 kHz for CANopen and analog versions respectively.
- Shock is up to 50 g and vibration is up to 20 g. RFX 6900 is programmable for these parameters: Position, speed, cams, working areas, rotating direction, scale, offset, node-ID and baud rate.