Kaeser Compressors (Fredericksburg, VA) now offers oil-free rotary screw compressors with Sigma Frequency Control (SFC). According to the company, these new VFD models meet varying flow demands while delivering oil-free air. The CSG-2 SFC, DSG-2 SFC, and FSG-2 SFC models feature the latest in Siemens drive technology to deliver superior part load efficiency and steady pressure in applications with varying air demands. Features include:
- Availability from 75 to 450 hp and cover flows from 125 to 1788 cfm at 125 psig. They offer large flow control ranges and are up to 9% more efficient than the competition.
- A premium, two-stage compressor airend. The rotors' special coating can handle temperatures up to 575 °F. This highly abrasion-proof coating will not wear, providing reliable sealing and protection. This means compressed air delivery and energy consumption remain consistent, even after years of operation.
- Stainless steel rotors in the second compression stage, helping guarantee compressed air quality and significantly increase service life.
- Standard with Sigma Control 2. This intelligent controller offers unsurpassed compressor control and monitoring with enhanced communications capabilities for seamless integration into plant control/monitoring systems and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- IE3 premium efficiency motors with PT 100 sensors to measure and monitor winding temperatures for maximized motor switching frequency and minimized idling.
- A hydraulic inlet valve, which eliminates replacing pneumatic diaphragms, resulting in reduced service costs and downtime.
- Fiber-free pulsation dampeners, keeping pressure losses to an absolute minimum, maintaining consistent air quality and preventing compressed air contamination.
- Built-in heat recovery options, giving sustainable energy savings and contributing to lowering a plant's carbon footprint.