The off-the-shelf, LBIM-021 Series of Linear 3-Phase Brushless Servo Motors from Moticont (Van Nuys, CA) are sized to fit a broad range of linear motion applications. The compact linear motors feature:
- High acceleration, high speed, high accuracy, high repeatability, and high precision to less than one micron (0.00004 in.).
- Four sizes of forcers (the moving part of a linear motor) and matching magnetic tracks creating forces of 8.7 lbs (38.7 N), 16.3 lbs (72.4 N), 23.1 lbs (102.9 N), and 31.0 lbs (138.1 N) at 10% duty cycle.
- Lightweight ironless forcers that have no iron providing high acceleration, low inertia, and cog free motion.
- Applicability in medical, manufacturing, scanning, inspection, laser cutting, and precision assembly applications.
- Modular magnetic tracks, available in four standard and custom lengths, can be assembled to create unlimited stroke lengths.
- Multiple forcers can operate in the same magnetic track with overlapping travels.
- The ability to be commutated in a trapezoidal or sinusoidal mode.
- Available as plug-and-play systems, including, position sensors, controllers, amplifiers, and power supplies.
For more information, visit http://www.moticont.com; or call 888-785-1804.