AZCO Corp. (Fairfield, NJ) has designed and manufactured a custom cut to length system with a material flow package, pleating station and heat set station. The application required unwinding gauze from a roll, folding it into pleats, pressing it and then cutting it to length. Specifically:
- A motorized unwind feeds the material to drive rollers which advance the material into the pleating station.
- Stainless steel funnel guides take the gauze and fold it into pleats.
- Exit guides lead the material into the heat set station where heated idle rollers press the pleats into place.
- A laminar air flow of ionized air floats the product through the knife assembly, preventing static charge.
- The pleated, pressed material is then cut to length.
- An operator control panel is provided for easy setup and operation of the unit.
- A base plate and clear anodized frame align the stations and support the unit.
- The system requires 110/230 VAC and compressed air.