Vardex, the steel reinforced, transparent PVC suction hose from NewAge Industries (Southampton, PA), was introduced in 1956. Since then it’s been the protective conduit for millions of gallons of fluids and has transported air and other gases. It’s a heavy-duty product that has been reliably moving fluid from point A to point B for decades. Vardex offers spiral steel wire reinforcement, as well as kink and crush resistance and vacuum capabilities. Vardex is suitable for applications such as chemical transfer, air supply, floor cleaning equipment, material handling, water feeds and discharge, vacuum lines and food and beverage supply. The clear hose handles pressure and full vacuum (29.9 in./Hg.), and its steel reinforcing wire allows it stand up to harsh environments and rough treatment without complete collapse. Additional features include:
- Flexibility with durability.
- The chemical resistance of PVC with the strength of steel.
- Non-toxic ingredients.
- Spiral reinforcement completely contained within the walls of PVC – no I.D. or O.D. contact.
- Smooth inner and outer surfaces.
- A light weight compared to similarly-sized rubber hose.