According to Elliott Tool Technology, their carbide-roll burnishing tools produce a mirror-like surface finish while eliminating secondary operations, machining set-ups and operator labor and cost. Additional features include:
- The ability to produce surface finishes of 4-20 micro-inches (0.1 to 0.5µm).
- Compatible with both CNC turning centers and manual lathes for OD and ID/OD burnishing applications in possibly eliminating secondary processes such as grinding, honing and polishing.
- Carbide rolls can be reconditioned several times.
- Shank sizes are available from 1.5” to 2.0” in diameter, or 40 mm to 50 mm to process overall lengths of 9.5“ (241.3 mm) to 18” (457.2 mm). Roll radius from 0.032” (0.787 mm) to 0.093” (2.36 mm) are available.
- Spherical surface burnish tools are available in either 1” or 25 mm square shank size, with a 0.125” radius,