Fastener professionals will have a unique opportunity to get the latest industry information, forecasts, and technical education with keynote sessions and breakouts at the inaugural Fastener Fair USA, which will take place April 11-12, 2018 at the Huntington Convention Center in Cleveland, OH.
Fastener Fair brings together manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and end users in this focused fastener and joining technology exhibition. The show offers a first-hand look at the latest solutions and technology available in the marketplace, networking, and educational programs developed and delivered by industry experts.
There will also be networking events to facilitate relationships and collaborations with industry peers. A highlight will be the opening reception at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Fastener Fair's educational sessions will be led by experts from a variety of backgrounds and will cover topics on maintenance and repair, aerospace applications, growing your distribution business, managing data, fastener basics for newcomers to the industry, marketing, and leadership.
One of the show’s industry experts, Dr. Andrew L. Gyekenyesi, Associate Chief Scientist and Research Team Manager at the Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI) in Cleveland, Ohio, will be joined by an expert from NASA to present “Looking into the future of Space Technology."
Dr. Gyekenyesi has more 25 years of experience in material development, mechanics of materials, advanced NDE, structural health monitoring, and thermal management. He has published over 80 papers, edited over 30 books, co-authored book chapters, and participated in task groups to develop engineering standards.
Show management has put together a strong line-up of educational sessions for professionals in the entire fastener supply chain, with unique sessions for specific industries and experience levels. For example, distributors will appreciate the sales and marketing sessions sponsored by Earnest Machine Products company, featuring two recognized industry speakers.
Paul Reilly, author of “Value Added Selling” will present tips on improving sales tactics and driving more revenue to the business. Ian Heller of Modern Distribution Management (MDM), will be speaking about digital trends in distribution, marketing and the effect Amazon is having on MRO distributors.
Fastener Training Institute (FTI) will present two pre-show workshops on April 10, 2018.
- Fastening 101 – Presented by Laurence Claus, President of NNI Training and Consulting, Inc. A 30-year fastener industry veteran and mechanical engineer, Claus is certified Six Sigma Black Belt and knowledgeable in the manufacture and use of automotive, industrial, and aerospace fasteners.
- Understanding the Bolted Joint – Presented by Carmen Vertullo, Founder of CarVer Consulting, a consulting, engineering, and training company specializing in fasteners and bolted joints. He is a Certified Fastener Specialist at FTI and holds a BS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
Sessions & Presentations
- Phil Matten, Executive Editor of Fastener+Fixing Magazine will be sharing “Perceptions from Across the Pond.” He will look at the most significant trends and issues - global and local - affecting the European fastener industry. It will be a unique chance to compare notes, ask questions and explore concerns in both the U.S. and European markets.
- Gavin Brown, Executive Director, Michigan Aerospace Manufacturers Association will be presenting “Aerospace: Taking the Cost Out of the Cost.”
- Other technical training sessions will be offered by John Doda of APM Hexseal, Willem Sundblad of Oden Technologies, Dennis Stritter of Atotech, Liberato Pietrantoni of CJWinter, and Michael Mowins of Phillips Screw Company.
- Marketing and management sessions will be offered by Young Fastener Professionals (YFP) and Women in the Fastener Industry (WIFI).
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 866-899-4728.