Process Sensors Corporation (Franklin Lakes, NJ) introduces a custom engineered, turn-key injection molding monitoring system. This innovative new system prevents damage to expensive molds and eliminates costly production downtime by utilizing the many innovative functions of the PSC-160 thermal imaging camera.
Industrial injection molded part presses have a high risk factor of experiencing critical damage due to molded parts sticking within the mold cavities. If the mold is allowed to close before all the parts are ejected, serious damage to the mold surfaces can occur. The Process Sensors Model PSC-160 IMMS MoldMinder Thermal Imaging Camera System views and identifies parts that are retained in the mold. The smart logic system sends a signal to the mold machine to activate the mold ejection pins until all the molded parts are ejected and then signals the mold to close. Other features include:
- No false alarms due to shadowing on the mold that is inherent with use of visible CCD machine camera vision systems. Process Sensors infrared camera technology solves the problems that can occur with visible ambient plant lighting.
- Color variations of plastics, shiny mold surfaces or ambient lighting conditions do not impose any problems when using the PSC-160 IMMS.
- High reliability in 24/7 operations.
- Simplicity of operation, easy set up and seamless interface with existing injection molding machines.
- A custom engineered data acquisition and logic interface system.
- Quick and simple camera set up parameters via a touch screen display and allows the selection of up to 16 ROI’s (Regions of Interest) and setting of analog output alarms for each ROI.
- An included PSC Camera Connect smart software package that also retains templates of previous jobs for time saving, quick retrieval and is user friendly.