Wireless pull-wire switches from STEUTE Industrial Controls, Inc. (Ridgefield, CT) feature an internal electrodynamic energy generator – no battery required. Displacement of the actuator generates power to send a unique, coded telegram to one or more compatible, easily-programmed receivers. If the pull-wire switch does not receive a signal that the telegram was received by the receiver within 15 ms, it transmits a second telegram. Features of the pull-wire switches include:
- Battery-less operation via self-contained energy generator.
- The ability to transmit at 915 MHz (USA/Canada/Australia).
- A 10.5 ft (3.2 meter) nylon pull cord with rubber grip ball.
- Maximum nominal transmission range: 164 ft (50 m) indoors, 2,300 ft (700 m) outdoors.
- Bidirectional communications with Receiver confirming receipt of telegram.
- Switch action configurable at Receiver (e.g. NO, NC, other).
- Ingress protection rating: IP67.
- Mechanical life expectancy: > 1 million actuations.
- Operating temperature range: -4° F (-20o C) to +150° F (+65o C).
- Certifications: FCC, IC (for SW 915 MHz models), EC (for 868 MHz models).
- Optional transmission range extenders.