Oro Inc. (West Hollywood, CA) has announced the launch of OroCommerce 5.0, the latest long-term support (LTS) release of its flagship eCommerce platform. As the only open-source eCommerce solution purpose-built for B2B companies, OroCommerce 5.0 maintains Oro’s commitment to its customers, partners, developers and end-users, while adding new features to boost productivity, improve site performance, and optimize customer experiences. Among the key upgrades for B2B brands in OroCommerce 5.0:
- Lightning-fast speed and performance driven by a slew of under-the-hood improvements. Buyers can now manage orders and product lists containing hundreds or thousands of individual items without getting bogged down. Out-of-the-box support for WebP images also gives users high resolution images that load almost instantly, with intelligent processing to tailor image formats to individual browsers, ensuring blazing-fast speeds for every user.
- Powerful new search functionality with upgraded discovery tools for B2B buyers, boosting customer loyalty and maximizing average order values. Weighted attributes enable the promotion of products based on popularity, available inventory, or user ratings. Searches are also downloadable for later review or sharing, and also savable to give customers notifications when stock status changes or new products arrive — a great way to drive loyalty and increase average order values.
- Accessibility for everyone, with full compatibility with screen readers and other assistive technologies. OroCommerce 5.0 also gains new features such as search autocomplete and keyboard-optimized navigation to support users with visual impairments, making sure all customers feel welcome and brands never miss a potential sale.
- A friction-free work environment driven by important new productivity-focused upgrades, including full integration with Microsoft Office 365 to help team members spend less time window-switching and more time focused on creating value and serving customers. With a single sign-on, OroCommerce 5.0 makes it effortless for staff to stay on top of contacts, calendars, tasks, and emails, without ever leaving the Oro interface.
- Stability and security to help keep brands safe and to help customers shop with confidence. The platform gains key upgrades across the tech stack, which now includes Symfony 5.4 LTS, PHP 8.1, PostgreSQL 13 / MySQL 8, and ElasticSearch 8. As an LTS release, OroCommerce 5.0 gives users the security of knowing that they will receive active maintenance for a minimum of 18 months, and comprehensive security fixes for a further 18 months.