The ABB Ability Smart Sensor for motors uses compact sensors to pick up multiple data from low voltage (LV) motors and provides information about motor health and performance via a smartphone or a dedicated web portal. The remote condition monitoring solution features:
- The ability to convert regular LV motors into intelligent, connected machines.
- Advanced maintenance planning.
- Predictive analytics that can reduce downtime by up to 70%, extend motor lifetime by as much as 30% and cut energy consumption by up to 10%.
- UL/CSA certifications.
- Modules that can be factory fitted on new motors or retrofitted on installed motors.
- Availability for non-ABB motors.
- CE certified.
- Monitoring functionality covers bearing health, vibration, surface temperature, speed, supply frequency, and number of starts.
For more information, visit http://new.abb.com/abb-ability/smart-sensors.