Based on requests from welders and welding equipment distributors for a plaid welding shirt with snap closures instead of buttons, Black Stallion (Santa Fe Springs, CA) launched the new Black Stallion Plaid Flame-Resistant Cotton Work Shirt (FS9-PGY). Specifically:
- The FS9-PGY is constructed of durable 7-ounce flame-resistant treated cotton and conforms to ASTM D6413 flame resistance. It is tested to maintain protection through 50 home washings. The FS9-PGY is recommended for light welding applications.
- The gray plaid is a unique pattern, designed by Black Stallion. It is our first plaid FR work shirt designed specifically for welders and is an important extension of our FR Cotton Work Shirt line. It uses the same design pattern as our popular FS7-KHK Khaki FR Cotton Work Shirt and features an all-around generous cut.
- Convenient metal snaps provide a secure fit. The adjustable metal wrist snaps allow for a tighter or looser fit as needed. The snaps are dark gray, matching the primary color of the gray plaid fabric. There are hidden snaps at the collar that help the wearer stay professional looking, particularly helpful if the shirt is being worn as part of a shop or crew uniform.
- The two chest pockets include protective flaps to keep out welding sparks and debris. These flaps can be secured with the hidden snaps. The left chest pocket includes a pencil slot for quick access.
- The Black Stallion FR Patch, an iconic mark of protection, is displayed on the left sleeve.