Larson Electronics (Kemp, TX) has announced the release of a 25 watt explosion proof LED forklift warning light equipped with an adjustable surface mount bracket. The EXHL-TRN-LE4-FKWL-BLUE-1224 blue explosion proof forklift light produces 2,250 lumens of high-intensity light for illuminating within hazardous areas and potentially explosive work environments. This fixture is designed to expand safety measures in hazardous work areas by actively providing early notifications for nearby workers and pedestrians. Five, five-watt blue LEDs producing 450 lumens each are combined with high output parabolic reflectors to produce a narrow five degree spread spot beam, providing a high intensity center beam that is visible at night and during the day. Other benefits include:
- A Class 1 Division 1 rating, and NEMA Type 3, 4, 4X, 7 (B, C, D) and 9 (E, F, G) rating.
- A design able to withstand the rigors of demanding environmental and operating conditions. It can operate in temperatures of -40° Celsius to 60° Celsius, is waterproof to three meters, and resists ingress of dust, dirt, and humidity.
- A choice of spot or flood beam configuration, and operates on 12 or 24 volts DC.
- An adjustable surface mount bracket for seamless control. The included adjustable flat surface bracket has two set screws on the bracket, allowing operations to loosen the mounting bracket, adjust the light’s tilt orientation, and re-tighten to hold the luminaire in position. A single through-hole mounting bolt allows operators to adjust the rotation of the fixture by loosening one bolt.
- Terminal strips inside the fixture, allowing the operator to make electrical connections. The wiring is fed through rigid pipe to the ¾” NPT hubs on either side of the fixture and ties in to the fixture’s terminal strips, completing the electrical connection.