Stratasys (Minneapolis, MN) has unveiled the new professional and versatile FDM-based F123 Series (F170, F270 and F370) for smarter prototyping, designed to make professional rapid prototyping more productive for design workgroups (view photos in gallery). The F123 Series features:
- The ability for any user to build durable and accurate prototypes using a range of functional FDM 3D printing materials.
- A single 3D Printer that addresses the complete prototyping workflow to ensure product designs are thoroughly evaluated and endorsed before manufacturing.
- A touch screen user interface.
- The ability to be operate remotely and monitor build progress from portable devices.
- Simplified installation and material replacement.
- A GrabCAD Print Add-In for SOLIDWORKS that enables the user to estimate and 3D print parts without leaving SOLIDWORKS.
- Availability in three models with build sizes ranging from 10 to 14 inch (25.4 to cm to 35.56 cm).
- Accepts up to four material types in 10 colors to support a range of prototyping and tooling applications – PLA (conceptual prototypes), ASA and ABS (repeatable parts), and PC-ABS (impact-resistant parts).
- A system size of 1626 x 864 x 711 mm (64" x 34" x 28") and weight of 227 kg (500 lbs) with consumables.
- A noise specification of 46 dB maximum during build, 35 dB when idle.
- Max build sizes (XYZ) of 10" x 10" x 10" (F170), 12" x 10" x 12" (F270), and 14" x 10" x 14" (F370).
- Layer thicknesses from 0.013" (0.330 mm) to 0.005" (0.127 mm).
- An accuracy of ±.200 mm (.008"), or ±.002 mm/mm (.002 in/in), whichever is greater.
For more information, visit www.stratasys.com; or call 877-489-9449.