Ingersoll Rand (Davidson, NC) has released two new surface preparation tools, the Ingersoll Rand 360-313 and 360-418 Pneumatic Belt Sanders. The sanders help technicians remove stubborn material and create a smooth finish in every nook and cranny. Using class-leading 0.6 horsepower motors that are 20% faster than the competing products, the sanders power through long days of sanding, deburring and removing spot welds, seam sealer, rust or deposits. Additionally:
- The sanders generate maximum removal rates so the shop team can make rate while producing high-quality finishes.
- The sanders have an adjustable four-position power regulator that technicians set to match the toughness of the material, from heavy weld removal to fine finishing.
- Quickly use the cam-lock to adjust the angle of the sanders’ articulating arm within a 270-degree range to reach tight areas such as rivets or welds. No tools are required to adjust the angle.
- The 360-313 model has a 3/8” by 13” arm, and model 360-418 measures 1/2” by 18”. Both have an Arbor speed of 20,000 Revolutions per Minute (RPM) and a belt or surface speed of 4,700 Surface Feet per Minute (SFPM). A side button on the arm of the sander quickly tightens the arm for abrasive changes.
- Either sander works effectively on metal, plastic, fiberglass, wood, and other materials.