Harmonic Drive (Peabody, MA) has added HPG gearheads with helical gearing and low reduction ratios to its current planetary gearhead lineup. The new models, HPG-R, feature:
- Low-speed ratios from 3:1 through 10:1, including all integer ratios in between.
- Helical gearing for improved noise reduction and higher torque capacity.
- Suitable for a variety of machinery and equipment designs.
- A special design that allows a preload of the gear (on the order of microns) and enables it to slightly deform elastically thus maintaining low backlash without need for adjustment.
- Preload that also compensates for interference between meshing parts.
- A Quick Connect coupling for mounting to any servo motor.
- Available with flange output, shaft output without key and shaft output with key and center tapped hole.
For more information, visit www.harmonicdrive.net.