The POSITAL analog ATEX-certified absolute encoder from Electromate (Vaughan, Ontario) is designed to operate safely in atmospheres where there are potentially dangerous levels of explosive gases or dust. The devices are part of the IXARC family of magnetic rotary sensors and are available in single- or multi-turn versions. Features include:
- A range of mounting and coupling options.
- Installation in zones 1 and 21 (as defined from the ATEX directive).
- Certified for underground mines (Group I) and other industries (Group II).
- A housing made of aluminum, and stainless steel (316 AISI).
- An ex-proof ‘D’ flameproof enclosure.
- A removable connection cap.
- Resolution up to 12 bit.
- Available with 0 – 20 mA or 4 – 20 mA, and 0 – 5 V, 0 – 10 V, 0.5 – 4.5 V or 0.5 – 9.5 V interfaces.
- Applicability in oil/gas, mining, agriculture, chemical plants, and milling operations.
For more information, visit https://www.electromate.com/posital-fraba.html; or call 877-737-8698.