Nippon Pulse (Radford, VA) has released the SL083, a new scaleless linear motor with a built-in linear encoder. Features include:
- Up to 5 µm in resolution and repeat accuracy.
- A simple design with just two parts: a tubular stainless steel shaft, and a non-contact forcer.
- Simple installation and configuration.
- No variation in the force (no lubrication, and a non-critical air gap).
- A non-magnetic aluminum housing.
- A built-in encoder (read below).
- A built-in interpolator.
- Hall sensors.
- Real-time single processing and high dynamics with no residual force.
- A max speed of 4 meters per second.
Nippon Pulse worked with Siko Products to create a design that integrates the industry’s first non-analog magnetic linear encoder into a linear motor. The SL083 simplifies the integration of a linear motor into applications, as it can utilize existing bearings in order to become an actuator. Siko’s true encoder allows the SL083 to provide a smooth sinusoidal motion profile.
For more information, visit www.nipponpulse.com, or call 1-540-633-1677.