New IronHorse Shaft Mount Gearboxes (speed reducers) from AutomationDirect (Cumming, GA) feature shafts and gears manufactured from the highest grade steel, case hardened and precision ground to AGMA standards for long lasting durability. The company describes the following benefits:
- The gearbox shafts have reinforced double lip seals to protect against contamination and prevent oil from escaping.
- Premium ball and tapered roller bearings provide smooth operation and lower noise.
- Extended gear centers ensure tooth contact and provide consistent operation.
- Bore type is tapered and bushing kits to fit most shaft sizes are sold separately.
- Housings are 100% cast iron to provide industrial grade protection for the life of the unit.
- These shaft mount gearboxes are available in 9:1, 15:1 and 25:1 gear ratios and in frame sizes from 2 to 5.
Shaft mount gearboxes dimensional drop-in for all major motor makes and are used for reducing output speed, increasing torque, changing drive direction, and/or running two loads from one motor in applications such as belt conveyors, screw conveyors, or material handling. Available optional accessories include tapered bushing kits, screw conveyor flanges, screw conveyor drive shafts, belt guards, motor mounts, additional torque arms and backstop assemblies.