Gorbel (Fishers, NY) has introduced a new tractor drive for motorized movement of its cranes. The drive delivers industry leading power and performance while being a fraction of the size of other mass produced tractor drives on the market. The combination of this tractor drive’s smaller size and quality enables customers to motorize their systems with full confidence.
For both new and existing Work Station Cranes, this newly designed tractor drive by Gorbel provides precise motorized movement. Its precision drive assembly and the specialized design of its drive wheel, which has a molded polyurethane thread, achieves a smooth acceleration and long life. The drive wheel also has a spring-loaded compression adjustment, allowing for constant pressure and smooth, responsive operation. Additionally:
- With ⅓ HP and an 18000 RPM induction motor, this tractor drive is ideal for heavy and awkward-shaped loads, operations that require tall trolley saddle heights, as well as operations where the operator needs to maintain safe distance from the load.
- Whatever the needs of your operation, the tractor drive can deliver peak performance, as its standard and fast options are both available with programmable speeds.
- Its Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Controller has both a soft start and soft stop, and can be set for single, double or triple speeds.
- Lightweight, with a modular drive design and bolt on truck and trolley connections, the tractor drive provides considerable ease of installation.
- The standard drives are configured for 208-460 volt 3 phase power, and a 575 volt is also available.
- The tractor drive also comes with an industry leading 2 year warranty.