Martin Engineering (Neponset, IL) has introduced data tracking with QR codes on its belt cleaners and other components. Customers benefit from regularly-scheduled inspections by factory-trained and MSHA-certified technicians, providing operators with access to data on the application, operating environment, service life and condition of conveyor components, updated on every belt cleaner maintenance visit. Features include:
- An app that helps maximize performance and service life -- while minimizing carryback and spillage -- to improve safety and reduce unscheduled downtime.
- The ability to capture a wide array of information to create a detailed record on all components.
- Date codes imprinted on the blades during manufacture — important for urethane because it has a limited shelf life.
- Tags affixed to existing equipment to begin monitoring condition and recording observations.
- The ability to log every inspection a technician makes, along with operational factors such as the material being handled, conveyor speed and remaining wear life, as well as visual observations and other info.
- The overall goal is to deliver more effective control of bulk material, improving predictive maintenance scheduling and contributing to a lower total cost of ownership.
- Detailed information about the product’s date of manufacture, installation and service history.