Heimatec (Prospect Heights, IL) has announced the availability of its U-tec flexible adapter system on all right-angle heads. U-tec is the company’s patented system that allows a standard ER output live tool to accept various adapters for different applications.
Users can now have a quick changeover of tools on almost any lathe or mill, using a single live tool, without having to commit to a quick-change system on the initial purchase. Additional features include:
- Unique collet nuts with internal threading for rigid mounting.
- The ability to have the actual cutting tool brought into closer proximity to the bearing.
- A short and compact tool length.
- Internal coolant up to 2,000 psi (140 bar) as standard.
- All necessary clamping nuts and adapters for arbor, Weldon, CAT 40, and CAT 50.
- Availability in shell mill, face mill, ER extension, side lock, shrink fit, hydraulic, and blank styles.
- Compatibility most automatic tool changers.
- 360º manual positioning.
- Torque arms.
- A stop block.
- Torque rated up to 150 Nm (110 ft-lb).
For a video on the installation of angle heads, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy05uvNBqZM.
For more information, visit http://www.heimatecinc.com/, or call 847-749-0633.