GROB Systems, Inc. (Bluffton, OH) a developer of manufacturing systems and machine tools, introduced its new, compact GRC-R12 Robot Cell which offers a flexible, customizable and affordable automation solution for the GROB G150 5-Axis Universal Machining Center, the smallest horizontal machining center to-date for the company in its modular G-series Universal line.
The introduction of the GRC-R12 robot cell broadens GROB’s range of automation solutions for creating flexible manufacturing cells.
The cell features:
- 6-Axis FANUC M-10iD/12 Robot with 4.7' (1,441 mm) reach, capable of handling a maximum load of 26.5 lbs (12 kg)
- Pneumatic single-or double-gripper system
- Drawer feed system of up to six drawers that can be unloaded and reloaded while the robot cell and machining center are in operation
- Chip control inside the machining center allowing for long periods of unmanned operation without faults
- Option to select from capabilities such as a blowoff box, SPC drawer and an alignment station
- Side access door which provides access to the machine for jobs, fixture changes and maintenance
- Window that provides visibility to the machine
- Integrated software that enables intuitive cell control
The compact GRC-R12 base unit which holds the robot cell has dimensions of approximately 5' x 5' (1600mm x 1600mm), facilitating fast delivery and installation.
When the robot cell is fully setup with the G150 machining center including monitors and accessories, overall space dimensions are approximately 24' (7,400 mm) length x 10' (3,250mm) width.