The No. 1040 is a 2,200°F (1,204°C), inert atmosphere pit furnace from Grieve (Round Lake, IL) that is used for heat treating automotive parts in baskets at the customer’s facility. Features include: Workspace dimensions of 36” (W) x 36” (D) x 48” (H).
- 78 KW installed in heavy gauge, high temperature Kanthal AF alloy wire heating elements of rod overbend design.
- Powered through a low voltage transformer to heat the workload.
- 11”-thick insulated walls with 4½” thick 2,600°F firebrick, 2 ½” thick 2,300°F firebrick, and 4” 1,900°F block insulation.
- An insulated floor comprising 7” of castable refactory and 4” block insulation.
- A ¼” plate steel exterior reinforced with structural steel.
- An air-operated, rear-hinged door.
- Continuously welded outer shell.
- High temperature door gasket.
- Sealed heater terminal boxes.
- Inert atmosphere inlet, outlet, flow meter and manual gas valve.
- A digital indicating temperature controller.
- A manual reset excess temperature controller with separate contactors.
- An SCR power controller.
For more information, visit www.grievecorp.com; or call (847) 546-8225.