Oil-Rite Corporation (Manitowoc, WI) now offers an extra level of protection for its 9 oz. constant level lubricators located in exposed areas. A stainless steel wire guard diverts potential blows away from the glass or acrylic reservoir, and the American Petroleum Institute standard requires the use of such a protective guard for its centrifugal pumps. The Oil-Rite protective guard for 9 oz. constant level oilers has the following features:
- Installs by hand – no tools or fasteners required.
- Stainless steel wire construction resists corrosion.
- Easy to see through the guard and inspect the oil.
- It can be removed for cleaning of the glass.
- Symmetrical design makes removal and reinstallation uncomplicated and intuitive.
- It can be installed at the factory or applied to oilers already in the field.
- Provides excellent protection of the viewing area from hard impacts.
- It won’t loosen or rattle from vibration.
- It does not interfere with refilling of the reservoir.
- It adds only about an inch to the overall diameter.
- It requires no modification to the oiler.
- The only instructions are “tilt and press” for installation.