Ringfeder Power Transmission (Westwood, NJ) has developed a patent-pending engine coupling that optimizes torsional stiffness and misalignment tolerance. The new TSCHAN TNR coupling is intended primarily for mobile and stationary diesel-driven powertrains. Additional features include:
- An aluminum housing and steel hub separated by one or two rows of mechanically-linked, cylindrical elastomer inserts.
- Inserts that undergo a controlled deformation under shear loads as the coupling transmits torque.
- Fine-tuning the torsional stiffness and misalignment tolerance via minor changes to the composition of the elastomer—stiffer inserts favor torque transmission efficiency and softer inserts favor misalignment tolerance.
- The ability to tune dynamic stiffness to help solve resonance and vibration problems.
- A torque range from 160 to 68,000 Nm.
- Speeds up to 6,000 rpm.
For more information, visit www.ringfeder.com; or call (201) 666-3320.