Wolfspeed will release the 900W CGHV14800 GaN high electron mobility transistors (HEMTs) for L-Band radar applications at European Microwave Week 2016, which will take place in London from October 3-7, 2016. Wolfspeed will be at Booth #156.
Delivering a minimum of 800W of pulsed power at 1.2 – 1.4 GHz and 50V operation with better than 65% drain efficiency, the CGHV14800 also features:
- High efficiency, high gain, and wide bandwidth capabilities.
- Applicability in air traffic control (ATC) radar, penetration radar, antimissile system radar, target-tracking radar, and long-range surveillance radar.
- 14 dB power gain.
- <0.3 dB pulsed amplitude droop.
- A ceramic/metal flange package that can be shipped individually, or alongside or installed on a test board.
- Higher breakdown voltage, higher temperature operation, higher efficiency, higher thermal conductivity, higher power density, and wider bandwidths than conventional silicon (Si) and gallium arsenide (GaAs) devices.