Steute Meditech (Ridgefield, CT) has developed wireless foot switches for medical applications. The units are designed with proprietary, globally-accessible, 2.4 GHz frequency-hopping protocol. This bidirectional, 32 RF-channel protocol changes transmission frequency 200 times per second, which provides reliability in both surgical and therapeutic medical applications. Features include:
- A wake-up time of <200ms.
- Real-time battery charge status monitoring to extend battery service life.
- Compliance with all FDA wireless guidelines and FCC requirements.
- Standard one and two-pedal models, with optional pushbuttons available.
- Standard packaged or PCB-Receiver available.
- USB Stick Receiver available.
- Digital and analog control functionality.
- Rechargeable Lithium battery.
- User programmable sleep mode function.
- Mechanical life expectancy of >1 million operations.
- Modular approvals for North America, Europe, and Japan.
- Optional custom colors/graphics, inadvertent operation protection, foot rests, carrying handles, LEDs, custom foot switches with other actuator choices (e.g. rocker switches, joysticks, joypads), custom receiver designs, and custom wireless handheld controls.
For additional information, visit www.steutemeditech.com.