Mouser Electronics (Mansfield, TX) is now stocking organic light emitting diode (OLED) display modules from Vishay Intertechnology. Designed with higher brightness and contrast with one-tenth the power consumption of a backlit LCD, Vishay’s OLED display modules offer an ultra-thin profile and 160-degree viewing angle while delivering a faster response time over standard LCD displays. Additional features include:
- 3 ultra-thin technology options: chip-on-board (COB), chip-on-glass (COG), and tape automated bond (TAB).
- COB OLED display modules that are board-mounted controllers.
- COG modules that feature display controllers etched into the glass rather than on a PCB.
- TAB OLED display module that integrates a controller IC into a tape printed circuit board.
- Both the COB and COG support graphic and character formats.
- No required backlight.
- Readable in sunlight.
- Up to 200 cd/m2 of brightness.
- A 2000:1 minimum contrast ratio.
- Lifetimes of up to 100,000 hours in yellow and green emitting options and up to 50,000 hours in red, blue, and white emitting options.
- Mechanical compatibility with standard LCD modules with identical driving methods.
- Low-power 3V and 5V displays applicable in wearable devices, automotive displays, point-of-sale systems, portable test equipment, audio/video display systems, and medical devices.
For more information, visit http://www.mouser.com/new/vishay/vishay-oled-display-module/.