Master Bond (Hackensack, NJ) EP110F8-3 is a two-part epoxy system ideal for sealing, encapsulating, potting, and casting applications. According to the company, this toughened system provides very good flexibility and possesses a relatively high elongation of 120-150%. Additional features include:
- A low tensile modulus of around 5,000-15,000 psi.
- A shore A hardness of 40-50 at room temperature.
- Excellent thermal cycling and shock resistance, passing 10 cycles from -55°C to +125°C with no signs of cracking.
- A superior electrical insulation profile with a low dielectric constant of 2.67 as well as a low dissipation factor of 0.006, both measured at 75°F for 1 KHz.
- A convenient mix ratio of one to two by weight; the color of Part A is clear while the color of Part B is amber. It has a low mixed viscosity of 1,000-2,000 cps and flows readily.
Working life for a 100-gram batch is 2-3 days at room temperature and can be cured within a few hours at 250-300°F.